Sunday, April 13, at 4:00 p.m., UUCW joins our regional congregations for a joint service at the First Church UU in Leominster! We will not hold a service at UUCW this Sunday–but all are welcome to “Regional Association Sunday,” a service themed around “Our Unitarian-Universalist Journeys” followed by a potluck and informal discussion time over food in the parish hall. If you wish, bring a favorite pasta dish to share (or another main dish if you don’t do pasta).
A car pool will be leaving from the church in Winchendon around 3:30 p.m. sharp. If you’re driving by yourself, please remember that it will take an extra 30 minutes to get to Leominster and plan accordingly.
Directions from Cumberland Farms in downtown Winchendon:
1. Head South on Spring St (Route 12)
2. When you get to the light after Matthew Ford and the Carriage House continue straight through the light heading South on Route 140 until you reach the on ramp for Route 2 East
3. Travel on Route 2 about 9.5 miles to Exit 30 Merriam Ave toward Leominster (left off the exit)
4. Follow Merriam Ave for about 2 miles, as you approach downtown you will see a large light brown building that looks like a school on your right, immediately after the building on the right is Church St.
5. Turn right on Church St, on your left will be the Police and Fire Stations, behind them there are a group of City Parking Lots including a parking structure on the corner of Church and Merriam, parking is free on Sundays.
6. On the South end of the group of parking lots you will see two churches, one bring and one stone. First Church UU Leominster is the stone church.
If you have a GPS the street address is as follows:
First Church Unitarian Universalist of Leominster
15 West Street
Leominster MA 01453
Or for directions you can click on the link below: